Skip to main content

HSN show JULY 26th Recap

Hi everyone, I know it has been a little while but I have been non stop working on some Threaders by Crafters Companion sewing items and rearranging my craft room so needless to say I have been just a little busy....!  I would like to show you all what I have been working on for Threaders and  HSN,  so if you saw some of the items on air and you could not decide to pick them up at that time here is a little recap.

Let me start off by saying if you ever wanted to try quilting this item could not make it any easier.  This will save you so much time on cutting you material it is crazy.
This is the Build a Block set that work with the Gemini by Crafters Companion.  I can not tell you how crazy over the moon I am with this item.  The Build a Block system save you so much time on cutting your material and every block turns out like you have been quilting for years and did I mention that it is very affordable!  HSN 318-398.   Below are a couple of examples that you can do with this system and included in the box is a booklet to help you along the way and if that was not enough there is also a website with additional block for you to do.
4 Patch

9 Patch

Friendship Star


Pin wheel 

The following pictures are just two of things that I created using the Build a Block system.  
This is a wall hanging that I put together, it took about a day to finish.  I will be putting together a pattern and a video in the next couple of weeks.
Friendship Star and Strips. 
 This is a pin cushion that I did it took maybe an hour so simple and easy.
Pin cushion
 Now the next item is Glitter fabric 619-305 ( yes Glitter Fabric ).  It is so pretty and you can not take your eyes off of it.   Pictures blow are just a couple of things that I made with this, in some cases I used more that one of the product..  The 1st is a set of  light I made that can be used in the back yard or to decorate a table or hutch.  With this I used the 619-305 Glitter Fabric and The 619-302 Home Decor Dies.
Wine bottle lights using Threaders 619-305 Glitter Fabric and 619-302 Home Decor Dies

Quilted card with the left overs bits from the above bottles.  So I used the Glitter Fabric, the Home Decor Dies and The July Subscription box from Crafters Companion ( which I do not believe is available ).  I tried to keep the theme for quilting so I did just a square and a pin wheel patch.


Glitter Fabric Bows 619-305

Glitter Fabric 619-305 Bow  this unicorn one is my favorite.
619-305 Glitter Fabric Welcome sign
Faux Leather Portfolio or Clutch bag.  This is done with Threaders Faux Leather by Crafters Companion and the Glitter Fabric.

Faux Leather Fringe Bag or Clutch this was done with the Faux Leather and Threaders box of Zipper

This is one of my favorites as well.   I am going to be doing another one with a video hopefully soon, so if you would like to be updated when the video or patterns are completed subscribe to my blog so you can receive as soon as they are posted. 
I hope you enjoyed this recap if you have any questions please let me know.  Have a great day and Happy Crafting. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Hebrews" Coffee Card ( Skipping Stones Design ) Oct 16th Blog Hop

Hi everyone and welcome to Skipping Stones Design's October blog hop.  For my card I have decided to use the Coffee stamp #2 .  I colored the coffee cup with Spectrum Noir Alcohol markers .  This is a Digi stamp so after printing I did wait 24hr before coloring with the Alcohol markers to make sure the ink is completely dry, so I do not have any mixing of the printer ink with the alcohol marker colors.  I had a great time creating this card.  Please scroll down for pictures, supplies (  link's ),  a how toooooo, and a tutorial at the end.  Make sure you visit the links below to see other cards made by Skipping Stones Design Team.  Please make sure to leave a comments on everyones creations, let them know how much you like the designs they have created. The cup stamp is  coffee stamp #2 it is Colored with Spectrum Noir Alcohol markers.   Cut White card stock to 4 1/2 x 5 and Decorative Card stock to 4 1/4 x 7 7/8  inches. Add some silver Sparkle Tape

Crafters Companion's Build a Block and Build a Block Plus

Demo on Build a Block and Build a Block Plus

Working with the Gemini Apple Core Dies

Tips for sewing Apple Core Shapes.....  This will go on Sale on HSN January 24th., they will go fast make sure you get yours. 1st you will have one that will go sideways which is the Con-Caved Core and you will have one the will be long ways.   You always want the con-caved Apple Core on top when sewing together.   So my Con-caved apple core is the red strips, fold in half  and press a seam.  The yellow one fold in half long ways and press. Put right sides together and place the pressed seam on top one an other and pin.  This is very important to sew straight. Now match up and pin both outside corners.  The fabric will be buckled like the picture and that is fine.   It should look like this when taking to the sewing machine.  Below is a little video on sewing Apple Core Shapes.